Monthly Archives: December 2011
How often do you expect to find a company on social media only to discover they’re not using it? Are you surprised or frustrated?
Marketing used to be a simple one-way communication. The marketing department arranged and paid for advertising – posters, brochures and maybe even a television advert. The only time they knew what a customer thought about their products was when they either made a purchase or made a complaint. Customers would talk about their brand but they weren’t part of the conversation.
Social media has changed all that and now these conversations are happening online and businesses are taking part. More and more of us are connecting with brands, but what do we get out of the relationship?
Why we’re connecting with a brand on social media:
1. Businesses will tell their followers first about new products. Recently Heinz released details first about their new balsamic tomato ketchup on Facebook and fans could even buy bottles on Facebook a week before the new ketchup was on sale in any of the supermarkets.
2. One of the main reasons we follow a company is to hear about promotions or to get special deals only available through social media
3. Social media lets us see the human side of a company and to feel that we have a glimpse of “behind the scenes” that other people haven’t got access to.
4. To complain about a product or service. If we can’t get a problem sorted out any other way then it seems we’re turning to social media to make our complaint in a very visible way.
5. To be part of a like-minded community where we can share views or experiences
If you follow a business on social media for a different reason – then tell us why…
Hope everyone has had a good post Spring Bank Holiday week. The work on our new website is continuing and happy to say that this week we’re almost ready to sign off the new look design which means it must be time to be busy with words and copy. Here is our pick of this week’s [...]